It’s me Oliver here today with some important advice on Heated Pads for you and your humans! Those of you that have been following us for a while might know how much I love to be warm so Heated Beds and pads are a must have for me!
Sadly not all Heated Pads are made equally safe and some humans tend to opt for cheaper heat pads as they don’t know what the difference is between the various heatpads out there.
Oliver: See this red blanket? It’s on my purrsonal favourite Heated Pet Pad from Pet Remedy a great example of a safe heat pad.
Oliver: So why is this so much safer? The Pet Remedy Heat Pad comes with two thermostats to ensure that it operates safely and will cut out if it gets too hot!
Oliver: Additionally it slowly heats up to the right body temperature! It doesn’t heat up too quickly like some of those cheap eletric blankets.
Oliver: Additional key features include:
- With 12v AC electronic adaptor plug
- BSAVA approved and recommended
- Gently brings body mass temperature up to around 39 degs C
- Maintains optimum temperature
- 42cm x 38cm x (16.5” x 15”)
- Ideal for all mammals young or old
- Only 15 watts so cheap to run
- Safe to leave on constantly
- With 2 integral thermostats for extra safety
- Protective sheath on cable to prevent chewing
- Wipe-able pad
- Suitable for use in pet bed, whelping and carry baskets
- Cable can be disconnected to feed through basket
- Generous 2.7m of cable
Oliver: Of course we are not saying you necessarily need to purchase this one but it’s important to look out for safety measures such as the thermostat in any heatpad your humans get you! And even when we would recommend that you are around when using the heat pad just to be on the safe side.
Other key features to look for is low voltage to ensure that they don’t draw too much power. And don’t just use a human heat pad either as those will most likely heat up to quickly or become to hot for us furred ones.
Oliver: And if you get one… you may find that your cat will be as cuddly and cute as myself. 😉
Oliver: If you’d like to get the same one that I’ve got it’s available via Pet Remedy for £45 pounds and they also have a size-matched calming pad , the heated pad can fit purrfectly inside it to make it even cosier!
His Meowjesty King Oliver the Maker of Mischief