Hello everyone! I hope all you beautiful readers of ‘Katzenworld’ are feeling great today and are ready for more of my amazing world facts 🙂 My owner (Kat) and I love to travel the world and it is my pleasure to share my travel stories and amazing country facts with you all.
For my last post I shared facts about Australia with you and for todays post I would like to share some facts I think are really cool about the wonderful country of New Zealand.
New Zealand is one of my most favourite countries in the whole world and this little cat is very excited to share this information with you all 🙂
Did you know?
1. New Zealand’s capital city, Wellington, is the most Southern capital city in the world!
2. There are NO snakes!
3. 95% of New Zealand’s population is animals.
4. New Zealand is roughly the same size as the UK but is only home to 4 million people.
5. There are no nuclear power stations (yes!)
6. Blue Lake located in the Nelson Lakes National Park has the clearest water in the world.
7. The Maori (original habitants of New Zealand) name for NZ is ‘Aoetaroa’ which translates as ‘land of the long, white cloud’.
8. The ‘Lord of the Rings’ films brought 200 million dollars to the countries economy!
9. One third of the country is National Parks 🙂
10. New Zealand was the first country in the world to give women the vote in 1893.
This kitty’s most favourite fact of all:
11. NZ is the only country in the world where the highest positions of state have been simultaneously held by women! The year was 2006 and the positions were: The Queen, Prime Minister, Governor General, Chief of Justice and Speaker of the House of Representatives.
So there you have it! New Zealand really is a fascinating country with many interesting facts 🙂 Make sure you visit one day.
Please follow my world travels via my WordPress account ‘Tabatha’s Travels’.
I am also on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for reading 🙂 You have made a small cat very happy.
Cute travel blogging kitty Tabatha xxxx