Hello to all you lovely followers of Katzenworld 🙂 This is travel kitty Tabatha checking in with you all from the land Down Under!
Yes that country is Australia and I am having a wonderful time seeing the sights, drinking wine, drinking beer, seeing the beaches and seeing my old friends.
Australia truly is a fantastic country and during my time here I have managed to discover some awesome (and favourite) facts that I would like to share with you all 🙂
Did you know?
1. Australia is the sixth largest country in the world! (With a land mass of 2.9 million square miles-WOW!)
2. Australia may be a huge continent however ‘only’ 24 million people call this country home.
3. Due to the majority of the land mass being desert, over 80% of the population live by the coast (barbecue on the beach anyone?)
4. Speaking of the population, more than 25% of people were born in another country!
5. Now that I have mentioned deserts, the Great Victoria Desert is bigger than the UK!
6. No worries about lava-Australia is the only continent in the world that does not have an active volcano…phew!!
7. Australia is home to the worlds longest fence! ‘The Dingo Fence’ was originally built to keep Dingos (dogs) and other predators away from sheep and livestock. It is 3, 488 miles long and covers three states! (Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia).
8. Australia is the only continent in the world that is home to the ‘Marsupial’ family (kangaroos…etc). It is also the only country in the world that is home to the native Koala Bear 🙂
9. There are more than sixty (sixty!) types of kangaroo!! (Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing…)
10. Australia is the home to many poisonous creatures (luckily this kitty has never seen one-well not to my knowledge anyway) such as spiders and snakes. Australia is home to ten out of fifteen of the most poisonous snakes in the world!
So there you have it! My favourite facts about this wonderful country 🙂
If you like what you read then do follow my travels at Tabatha’s Travel Site 🙂
This kitty is also on Facebook and Twitter 🙂
Thank you for stopping by, you make a little cat very happy indeed.