The must-have guide for pet owners on why interactive play is essential for your cat’s wellbeing, from a leading pet behaviour scientist.
Play With Your Cat!
The expert guide to a happier and healthier feline
by Dr Mikel Maria Delgado
Published on 7th March 2024 at £14.99 trade paperback/ebook/audiobook
‘Cats love to play: here is THE book that shows you how to join in! And your cat will thank you for it.’
– John Bradshaw, Sunday Times bestselling author of In Defence of Dogs and Cat Sense
What does a cat need besides food, a comfortable home and access to a good vet? PLAY!
This practical guide from leading cat behaviour scientist Mikel Delgado explains how interactive play is at the centre of your cat’s overall health. Revealing how it mimics the hunting experience that shaped cats’ evolution, Play With Your Cat! includes:
- Advice on selecting toys and setting up your home environment for the perfect play
- Guidance on specific play techniques to exercise your cat’s body and mind
- Tips on engaging nonchalant, anxious and uninterested kitties
- How to use play to address behavioural issues like aggression and litter-box avoidance.
With charming illustrations to demonstrate different techniques and evidence-based advice to help you deepen your relationship with your furry friend, this is an essential handbook for cat owners everywhere.
‘Trust me, Play With Your Cat! is an indispensable addition to any cat lover’s library!’
– Jackson Galaxy, New York Times bestselling author and star of My Cat from Hell
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr Mikel Maria Delgado is a leading cat behaviour consultant and animal behaviour scientist, whose research has appeared in scientific journals and veterinary textbooks. She co-authored Total Cat Mojo with Jackson Galaxy and she has been featured in outlets including The New York Times, Atlantic and the BBC. Delgado lives in Sacramento, California, with her boyfriend, Scott, and their three happy rescue cats: Coriander, Professor Scribbles and Ruby.
Mikel is available for interview and to write pieces.
For more information please contact Lily Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MORE PRAISE FOR PLAY WITH YOUR CAT!
‘This is essential reading for those wanting to strengthen their bond with their cat!’
– Hannah Shaw, New York Times bestselling author of Tiny But Mighty
‘This book is a must-have for any cat owner … packed full of tips and tricks to individualise play for cats of all ages and abilities. After reading this book, you will be left knowing that play for cats isn’t frivolous, it’s essential.’
– Dr Sarah Ellis, feline behaviour specialist and co-author of The Trainable Cat
‘This book is a must read for all cat lovers. Dr Delgado goes beyond play to help you understand cats better, no matter how long you have been owned by cats!’
– Dr Ilona Rodan, DVM, feline behavioural specialist and author of
Feline Behavioural Health and Welfare
‘A delight to read, this book is loaded with practical tips … guaranteed to enhance the quality of life of your feline friends and your relationships with them. Every cat owner should read this book and have fun with their cat!’
– Hal Herzog, author of Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat
‘The best book I’ve ever read on this important aspect of environmental enrichment! Comprehensive information and practical advice for every kind of cat.’
– Kate Benjamin, founder of Hauspanther and co-author of Catification and
Catify to Satisfy
‘Dr Delgado’s guide to cat play and behaviour will give you new insights into tapping into your cat’s inner hunter – in a fun, engaging way. Just like the love of our companion animals improves our lives, we can improve theirs by providing them with regular play.’
– Dr Marty Becker, ‘America’s Veterinarian’, author and founder of Fear Free Pets