If you are willing to get yourself some love and affection or try building a new relationship with a feline, it is important to keep yourself prepared so that you can move through the adjustment period as quickly and easily as possible. The guide to having a good relationship with a cat is to be able to understand it, its needs, and its way of communication and is ready to reciprocate with them so that they can also receive your ways. The list of preparatory items does not include the intangible things like mentally welcoming the new member, ability to comprehend their actions, mischiefs and troubles. They can only be learnt from some reliable source on the internet or some good book.
How Do They Communicate?
Most of the feline animals restrict themselves to around 16 different and distinct sounds to communicate to others. If you study them carefully, you can interpret what they mean, but, there are certain common sounds which have already been studied by experts. You just need to follow some guide to learn them in a short span. Cats also possess a habit of displaying numerous signs using their body language, both serious and playful, and you can also make out their needs from careful observation or reliable guide book.
- In any case, your cat is unique and might have something of its own. If you carefully observe it and spend time with it, both of you will begin to understand and respect each other.
Thus, only a little effort into learning to understand them can save you from lots of rocky patches while developing a new relationship with the new friend and member of your family.
What Do They Need The Most?
These are quite easy than trying to communicate with them and almost every pet shop can tell you the most appropriate one depending on their experience of having been acquainted with lots of varieties. You might start by taking your cat to the shopping venue so that she can choose for herself.
- You must get a nice litter box and a litter brand she prefers. Initially you may experiment with the most popular one. An automatic cat litter box is very suitable if you have a good budget.
- The next thing is a scratching post. You will never want your rug, carpet, blinds or dining table stands to get all torn and scratched. Cats like scratching a lot, so get her one that is sturdy to take her weight, and at least taller than her length when she stretches.
- The next important set of items is a grooming kit. It must consist of certain basic items like nail clipper, hairbrush and more if possible.
- Next, you consider a bed linen or a basket with some soft bedding for her to sleep. It might also be her favorite pass time.
Thus, a few good things to take care of and you are prepared to welcome a new cat into your family.
About the author
Diane is a cat lover (or an ailurophilia if you have paid attention to the article) which tries to provide useful information to cat lovers on especially how to train their cats to use automatic litter boxes on her website at CatLitterBox.Reviews.
Click to visit our Shop for the hassle-free Zen Clippers!