Let us know which of these your cats do! 🙂
- Standing on my headboard and then staring into my face when I’m waking up.
- When I realise I have to get up and do some work and my cat decides to sit on me and immediately falls into a deep slumber so I can’t move from the spot for one business day.
- When I’m lying in bed and realise I need to pee really badly and my cats decide this is the best time to go prancing all over my body, even on my bladder.
- Rubbing their wet nose on my face when I’m trying to get just five more minutes of sleep in the morning.
- Wanting to come inside my room the moment I lock them out even when they were the ones who decided to go out in the first place.
- Trying to catch houseflies and mosquitoes in flight.
- Trying to catch houseflies and mosquitoes in flight and failing miserably by falling flat on their little faces.
- Trying to open the doors of any wardrobe they come across.
- Getting their claws stuck on clothes inside a half-open wardrobe and going into a panic but when they realise I’ve noticed, suddenly acting like they meant to be doing that the whole time.
- Using my luggage as scratching posts when perfectly acceptable scratching posts are available.
- Eating their food so fast that it looks like they’re inhaling it.
- When their sneezes make them go flying at least six inches back.
- When they try to pull off a prison break when I lock them in their carriers for a much-needed trip to the vet.
- When they have a cold and end up sneezing and little snot bubbles pop out.
- When I tell them I love them and they hit me on the face.
- Their offended expressions when I boop them on the nose.
- Sniffing my shoes and clothes all over after I’ve come back home.
- Licking my deodorant when I’m not looking and then gagging at the taste.
- Their love for eating potato skins and boiled potatoes.
- When I catch them napping on the dining table.
- When I catch them doing something they’re not supposed to and they think I can’t see them when they duck behind an empty plastic Coca Cola bottle.
- When they hang out on my shoe rack, smushing my favourite shoes with their little butts.
- When they use my laundry pile and the stuff on my table as obstacle courses.
- When they try to investigate the inside of my shoes and get their head stuck in there.
- When their favourite spot to hangout for ages is my weighing scale.
- Attacking any box that is closed but the moment they’re given an empty box to play with, they decide it’s not worth their time.
- How they suddenly get really clingy when we’re at the vet but the moment we get home, they don’t want anything to do with me until mealtime comes around again.
- How they like to stop me reading by sitting on my book/ phone/ iPad/ Kindle/ laptop.
- How whenever I get comfortable on a chair, they decide they need to sit on my lap.
- How when they’re sitting on my lap, I don’t have permission to move a muscle until they wake up from their nap in three hours.
Read about my cats and more at https://awkwardjane.com/
Visit our Shop for Lisa Parker merchandise!