Oliver and Nubia here for an important update from Katzenworld HQ!
Apparently the camera our humans tried in the past weren’t enough they found something even BETTER. This time it has advanced super infra something night time vision o.O
Oliver: Sniff sniff… My sister has been here!!! This is my bed. :O
Oliver: But where is she!!! o.o
Oliver: Ugh… I can’t sleep…
Oliver: Oh… She is down there… What are you doing there??? :O
Oliver: This is all making me far too tired!
Oliver: Let’s try some cat yoga for relaxation…. And One, two, three…
Oliver: STRETCH!!! *Yawn*
Oh and more of it on video! Damn that hoomin for getting this gadget. 😉
Right time to pass over to the human for the review.
Thanks Oli! So let’s have a look at this camera.
For this review we got the HomeMonitor HD Indoor Security Camera Model HMHDI05 produced by Y-Cam solutions – with an RRP of £149.99
The camera is activated via the homemonitor.me website as well as the mobile phone apps.
Once activated you can configure when to automatically record via motion activation and what type of notifications you’d like to receive. It’s pretty cool that for example you could set it so it doesn’t record anything during your regular “home hours”.
- Indoor Colour camera with high quality 1 Megapixel1/4” CMOS lens
- HD720p : 1280×720 Resolution
- Viewing angle: Horizontal: 80°, Vertical: 45°, FOV: 87°
- 30 infrared LEDs – Yes you can record in pitch black up to 15m
- Built-in Microphone
- H.264 compression
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet
- Dimensions 85 x 85 x 30 mm / 3.3 x 3.3 x 1.2 inches
- Weight 150g / 5.3oz
- Mains operated 12V, 100-240V AC, 3.75W
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
What’s in the box
- HomeMonitor HD Indoor Security camera
- Stand/wall mount
- 1m/3ft network (Ethernet) cable
- 3m/10ft power supply with UK/US/EU plugs
- 2 x 1-inch screws and wall anchors
- Quick start guide
- Free 7 days storage of all of your videos
- HD quality with low bandwidth usage thanks to mp4 recording
- Easy to use and convert videos for your next fun cat video again thanks to mp4 😀
- Ultra clear night vision! Almost looks like its day thanks to infrared LEDs
- Large vision ensures you won’t miss your pet as it could sneak past smaller cameras. 😉
- Can’t be moved via remote app
- One way communication only (from the camera to your phone)
This camera is great for those that want to capture HD videos of your cat for the next YouTube hit! Thanks to the night vision you’ll be able to even sneak up on them at night. 😉 As the camera can’t be moved via a remote app you will need to ensure its stored in the appropriate location / can’t be knocked over by your little friend. At £149.99 this camera is on the higher end of the cost scale, however as you can see of our lists of Pros this camera comes packed full with loads of excellent features!
There is certainly some room for improvement in terms of pet usability but over-all this is a great option if you’d like HD recording of your pets while not at home. 🙂
If you’d like to purchase your own you can do this on their shop here. There is also a cheaper none HD version for £129.99
Oh and please don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter.
Visit our Shop for Lisa Parker merchandise!
We regularly write about all things relating to cats on our Blog Katzenworld!
My partner and I are owned by five cheeky cats that get up to all kinds of mischief that of course, you’ll also be able to find out more about on our Blog
If you are interested in joining us by becoming a regular contributor/guest author do drop us a message @ email@example.com .