Oliver here for a quick update from Katzenworld HQ! 😮
Today our humans got a new gadget… Much to our annoyance as they are now constantly spying on us!!!!
Why would the humans need a camera to spy on us anyway???
Nubia: Probably because you are always up to no good? 😉
Oliver: That’s you not me…
Both: OMC!!!! They recorded a WHOLE lot of us on video. :O
Oliver: And the blooming thing can even do night vision shots! o.O
Both: Well we will pass over to our humans now for the review and giveaway! Those things are to complicated for us. 😉
Right let’s have a look at the camera first before we go over to the giveaway details! 🙂
The Motorola Scout85 comes in a box complete with the micro USB charging kit.
Once unpacked you can see that it is quite a sturdy looking camera that doesn’t take up a whole lot of space!
The camera has to be activated using the Hubble for Motorola Monitor app either on an iPhone or Android phone. Once activated the camera can be controlled using a PC or Mac through the Hubble website.
Once activated you get a 2 weeks free trial of the Hubble auto monitoring service, meaning it will record and alert you each time a movement is detected! These video files will be stored as flash video and can easily be shared through a link or downloaded for sharing purposes. 🙂
After the trial you can stick with the forever free plan which still gives you the following:
- Unlimited Streaming
- Free in app recording on Android phones
- Free Motion triggered snapshots
- Free Sound, Motion and temperature alerts (Just no automatic recording basically)
- Free two-way audio
Prefer to have it automatically record and store videos for a certain period of time? Plans start at USD2.99 for the basica package which is not too bad at all. 🙂
From your phone you are able to control the camera using the Hubble app to complete any of the following actions:
- Move the camera around its own axis and up and down to find your pet! Pretty good if you need to leave your pet alone for the day and you want to check on them every now and when. 🙂
- Use the microphone! Yes you can even talk to your best friend. 😀
- Play music. There is a selection of songs that can be played
- Take a snapshot. (This is how we got Oliver and Nubia at night hehe)
- Check the room temperature. Worried if it’s getting too cold? No need as this will allow you to check and if like us you can also control your heating from your phone it can easily be fixed. 😀
Below is a demonstration video of the manufacturer as to how it all works! (Shown using an older model the Scout83)
The camera promises an easy way of keeping an eye on your pet and their environment and we especially liked the automatic recordings of the movement detection! While this comes at an extra charge it is well worth it if you are going away and want to check on your pet / be able to alert your pet sitter if something is at miss. Oh and the night vision of the camera is especially good if you have a cat hehe. 😉
At an rrp of £99.99 for the actual camera we believe this is great value for those pet parents that want to know their fur-friend is safe and happy while they have to be separated. Especially with most of us having to work it is a great way to quickly check on them during your break and if you also take the Hubble auto recording services you are able to see a recording of any movement and that was captured throughout the day! 🙂
Lastly big thanks to Motorola for supporting the work of the RSPCA! Below you can find some educational videos that were created in collaboration with the RSPCA to give you tips and ideas around using the camera. 😀
- What to do if you’re worried your pet might be stressed – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgsuqC_Dsrc
- Sharing & Caring for your new pet with the Motorola Scout 83 camera – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9SsSsNd68
- Pet Boredom Busters from the Motorola Scout 83 & RSPCA – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqUYAqQN1s8
- Taking Care of Recovering Pets with the Motorola Scout 83 camera – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VO-i1ag2Ng
For those of you that would like to get their hands on one of these cameras this is a purrfect chance! ONE lucky reader will receive the camera that we used for this review post 🙂
The more entries you gain the higher the chance you could win this camera, so try to complete as many as possible by clicking here! 😉
You can gain extra entries as follows:
1. Tweet a photo of your pet using the #petsoncamera to @KatzenworldBlog & @petsoncamera – 5 Entries
2.For Tweeting about the event through the GiveawayTool – 4 Entries
3. Sign up for our new newsletter via mail chimp – 5 Entries
4. Follow us or Petsoncamera on Twitter – 3 Entries
5. Follow us on Pinterest – 2 Entries
6. Follow us on Bloglovin – 2 Entries
7. Make a comment stating you would like to enter and your email address on this post (for those that don’t use social media) – 1 Entries
The competition will continue until the 1st of May! The winner will be contacted on the closure date and the prize will be dispatched on the 18th of May.
Good luck everyone and don’t forget to enter here.