PARIS, July 31, 2014 – Two small guardians now watch over Oetker Collection’s Le Bristol Paris, a hotel that signifies the French art de vivre. Today, the Grand Palace hotel acquires a new resident, a female Birman cat named Kléopatre.
Loving, affectionate, playful and delicate, Kléopatre was immediately adopted by Fa-Raon, the palace pasha himself. She has become the ideal mate for Fa-Raon, who had previously been the only feline at Le Bristol. Fa-Raon and Kléopatre enjoy lounging in the hotel’s corridors and sumptuous lounges and strolling through the French gardens.
This friendly female cat plays along with the games of tiny toddlers and is happy to be stroked by everyone, purring all the while. Her arrival heralds an increase in the Le Bristol family and bears witness, once again, to the importance of family values generated by the palace hotel.
“I am delighted that Kléopatre will be keeping Fa-Raon company,” said Didier Le Calvez, CEO of Le Bristol Paris. “Her gentleness and serenity will benefit him, as well as our guests and staff. From now on, both cats will watch over the exceptional destiny of leading Parisian palace hotel Le Bristol.”
Prestigious gifts for Le Bristol’s cats
For Fa-Raon’s third birthday last year, Maison Goyard presented him with a sumptuous “Oscar” bow-tie collar in black leather and canvas, as well as a bowl-holder made of poplar wood covered with canvas sporting a herringbone motif and leather trimmings. It had been customized with his name in green lettering with fuchsia-colored shading to match the signature colors of Le Bristol.
As with Fa-Raon, this prestigious company will also give Kléopatre an “Oscar” bow-tie collar with a customized silver medal created by Christofle.
A trunk maker founded in 1853, Maison Goyard has developed a range of refined, customizable accessories for pets available in several colors, including collars, leashes and other accessories.
Christofle, the icon of the French art de vivre and a specialist in cutlery, the decorative arts and jewelry, embodies silversmith expertise. Christofle collaborates with such famous artists as Andrée Putman, Martin Szekely, Ora-Ito, Marcel Wanders, Jean-Marie Massaud and more recently the graphic designer duo Ich&Kar who created the “Royal” lettering used on the medal created for Kléopatre.
Finally, Kléopatre and Fa-Raon will have the immense pleasure of having their Le Bristol apartment decorated by the artist Renk. This world-renowned street artist will cover the walls with the word “cat”, written in different languages, as well as the names of these two adorable cats.
ABOUT LE BRISTOL PARIS
Located in the heart of the Golden Triangle in Paris, Le Bristol Paris boasts a large French garden, a pool overlooking the rooftops of Paris and a restaurant with four stars in the Michelin guide. In April 2014, Le Bristol became the first palace hotel to have completed its renovation program. Le Bristol’s French art de vivre, attention to detail, and consideration and concern for its clientele make it a unique and exceptional location.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘Masterpiece Hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces eight luxury hotels:
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – the most iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie will soon open its doors to offer Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic Parisian palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for French art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg St-Honoré.
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.
Biographies and further information available: www.oetkercollection.com
Brought to you by #Katzenworld